Bullguard detects Kodi as virus.

Posted 2/1/2019 7:18 PM

weex123 Member

Date Joined Dec 2018
Total Posts: 4
Hi Guys,

I have been using Kodi 17.6 official for about 4 months now with Bullguard. 3 days ago, as I rebooted my pc kodi.exe was gone. Now I tried today to downloaf Kodi again from official website, I run the installer Kodi installs, I can launch it etc. Then I get an alert that Bullguard has detected a virus from "Behavioural Protection", file is C//Users//Downloads//Kodi install.exe (cant specify exact file name as I am in work, but file downloaded from official mirror) bullguard then puts exe file in quarantine and Kodi wont run.. It was fine 3 days ago, is that something to do with new virus definition? Is it a false positive? Also I am running only official addons, no malware addons
Posted 2/4/2019 12:13 PM

Andreea-Luciana Ostache Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 764
Hello and welcome to our forum!

BullGuard Antivirus features two different methods of threat detection, including detection based on the behaviour of the software file when it is run, as well as detection of particular ‘signatures’ within the software that will typically indicate that it might be malware or infected.

Unfortunately, there are rare occasions on which BullGuard Antivirus blocks or suspends a legitimate file.  As a matter of public interest, and to ensure that we are providing the best possible service to our customers, BullGuard must act on the results of its threat detection, even though this will unfortunately and inevitably lead to legitimate files being caught.

When notified of the detection of potential malware by BullGuard Antivirus, customers are usually given the option to 'Report as false positive' the suspicious file. BullGuard will take prompt action to investigate and remedy such situations so as to keep ill-effects caused to a minimum.

For immediate local remediation, you will need to add the valid program as an exception. However, I always strongly advise our users to contact us in such situations, so we can get a sample of the file and confirm whether the detection is indeed false.

We are available 24/7 and the support we provide is free of charge always.
Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
Posted 2/5/2019 5:28 PM

weex123 Member

Date Joined Dec 2018
Total Posts: 4
Hi,

Thanks for ryour reply.

Where would I be able to send a sample of the file?

Thanks
Posted 2/5/2019 6:48 PM

Andreea-Luciana Ostache Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 764
Our support is available via email, for which we have a response time of maximum 24 hours, and Live Chat, for which the English support is available 24/7, but language support is available according to our schedule posted here https://www.bullguard.com/support/support-schedule.aspx

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Sunday, February 17, 2019, 10:37 AM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,693 posts in 13,599 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 2 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,452 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, kenyon graham.
There are currently no users on-line.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.