Netintelligence

Posted 12/29/2011 9:33 PM

banksy Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 50
does anyone have a way of deleting netintelligence from a laptop using windows 7 ?
i need passwords & activation key/codes but i got the laptop re-conditioned & there is no way of getting the codes/passwords.
any help would be appreciated.
:mad:
Posted 12/29/2011 10:37 PM

Advanced member

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
[url]support@bullguard.com[/url]
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 16

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
Posted 12/30/2011 10:47 AM

banksy Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 50
been there, done that.........

as i said i dont have an activation key - the software was already on the laptop when i got it.

also, the netintelligence site says i have to get an activation code from my Home Access provider - i`m not sure what that is... does it mean my broadband provider ?
cheers.
<!-- / message -->

"Andreea-Luciana Ostache" wrote:
I recommend that you see this article:

kb.netintelligence.com/pages/How_do_I_uninstall_Netintelligence_%28Home_Access%29

Posted 1/1/2012 3:24 PM

Advanced member

The Home Access providers are listed here: https://kb.netintelligence.com/pages/Home_Access_Providers
Contact one of them and tell them your story. I am sure that you will be assisted.
Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
Posted 3/20/2012 11:49 PM

mickhonnor Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 3
Yes the home access providers are listed on the netintelligence site. Contact Comet and they will say, we just supply the hardware it is nothing to do with us. Contact Netintelligence and they will say, we do not provide access keys you get that from your supplier. It is most useful of the Forum Moderator to provide a link to the netintelligence site twice, on 12-29-2011 and 1-1-2012. But does anyone have a solution to the netintelligence virus? ps I got the pc new from Comet.
Posted 3/21/2012 1:56 AM

Robert Mateescu Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 422
HI there,

I have never used netintelligence, but you can try to remove it using Revo Uninstaller, which has a 30 days trial.
Revo first starts the application' uninstaller, then searches for leftovers in registers and HDD. Simply close the Netintelligence uninstaller, then remove all related files.

Since is better to prevent than to cure, create a system restore point before doing this (Revo creates a reg backup too, but just to be safe).

Cheers!
Robert Mateescu
Senior Support Technician EN
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly via Live Chat for immediate assistance: https://www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!
Posted 3/21/2012 2:22 AM

mickhonnor Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Yes I have used revo uninstaller to delete netintelligence. But when I start IE I get "There is a problem sending the command to the program" click OK The only URL I can access (apart from microsoft windows update) is www.nihome.netinteligence.com, I can't access any other site. If I type www.google.co .uk it just changes it to www.nihome.netinteligence.com. Spybot keeps popping up saying that there is a change to the registary, clickimg allow or not it makes no difference.
Posted 3/22/2012 1:39 AM

Advanced member

Please allow me to point out that this is not an infection.

As advertised on their site, it is a web "filtering protection, however & wherever you connect to the net". Since this is installed on computers by internet service providers, they also need to provide you with your password.
If you lost the password they gave you and everyone with the power to help you refuses to do so, I recommend a nice and clean Windows install, with your Windows CD.

You could try contacting Microsoft and asking for help as well.

P.s.: By the way, Comet is the one that should provide you with the password, regardless of what they said. The call operator may not know what you are talking about, but ask to talk to one of their technicians. They can not sell you a product that you do not have full control over.
Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
www.bullguard.com

Posted 3/22/2012 8:57 AM

mickhonnor Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
No I have not lost the password, I never had one. When I got the pc a friend of a friend removed netintelligence. But the HD died so it was replaced and everything was restored from the recovery disk including netintelligence. I can't do a nice and clean Windows install from the Windows CD as I don't have one.
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Saturday, July 4, 2020, 2:31 PM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,809 posts in 13,641 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,606 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, andy rob1nson.
There are currently no users on-line.

Just a minute

Privacy has never been so important.

Nearly 50% of online users are now using a VPN to protect their privacy.

Find out why

…and if it grabs you bag yourself a VPN bargain.

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.