Receiving a lot of (100-200-300 per day) failed sent mails notifies

Posted 9/14/2017 5:48 PM

MaxSlo Valued member

Date Joined Jul 2017
Total Posts: 10
Hello everyone! :)

I'm receiving several hundreds (yes, hundreds...) of notifies that sent mails are not properly sent. 

I never send them, and these are adress not stored in my mail client.

I think this is not a local infection (that will use addresses saved in my thuinderbird, not random addresses, right?) but a stoled mail credential.

I change mail password but without success. How can be that the hacker knows the new one?

Something to do? :(

I used BG in a full scan and Kaspersky online tool, and system is clean for both.

:(

Posted 9/27/2017 10:51 AM

Andreea-Luciana Ostache Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 808
I am sorry to hear about that Max,

You seem to be a victim of Email spoofing. Changing your password was the right thing to do.

I would also like to advise you to contact your e-mail provider and let them know about what happens. They may be (not a certainty) able to see what is going on through the logs on their server. Perhaps they can help you reclaim your e-mail address and stop this.
Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 16

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Saturday, December 14, 2019, 4:09 PM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,753 posts in 13,626 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 2 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,555 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, alexistexas12.
There are currently no users on-line.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.