Windows 7 x64 and BullGuard 8.7 issues

Posted 10/28/2009 7:05 PM

Mark.D Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 20
I have Windows 7 x64 RTM and BullGuard 8.7 (with all updates) and have the following issues :

[list]
* When Windows starts, I usually have to reset the LAN adapter to get a working network.
* I cannot reliably share files and folders and access them from other PCs on the LAN. Sometimes this works if I use a static IP address, but is never reliable.
* I cannot share media using Windows Media Player.
* I cannot create a HomeGroup and get the error 'Windows cannot create a HomeGroup on this computer'.
[/list]

I get these problems even though I have nothing blocked in my advanced profile options, and see no 'BLOCKED' messages in the log.

If I uninstall BullGuard, everthing just works. I have raised the issues with tech. support who have been really great in regards response time and asking me for additional information, but no solution yet.

Does anyone else have Windows 7 and have no issues with BullGuard? It would be good to know if I am the only one or not.
Posted 11/1/2009 12:28 PM

Mark.D Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Anyone at all using Windows 7 and BullGuard? If so, how is it for you? Can you successfully share folders/media to other PCs on your LAN? If so, are those PCs also running Windows 7 or another OS?
Posted 11/4/2009 12:08 PM

Alin Vlad Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 389
Can you tell me your ticket number to see all the details ?
Alin Vlad
Community Manager
[url]support@bullguard.com[/url]
www.bullguard.com

Download Free Trial version of BullGuard

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
Posted 11/4/2009 9:40 PM

Mark.D Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Sure thing Alin.

TICKET #PPA-39938-815: Unable to share files/folders.
Posted 11/4/2009 9:52 PM

Mark.D Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
The startup issue has been (kind of) resolved by setting the BullGuard Firewall Service startup type to 'Automatic (Delayed Startup)'.

Although this means the network starts correctly every time, it means that (on my machine) the service does not start for 1 minute and 50 seconds after a network is established. This means that for nearly 2 minutes, the machine is vulnerable to attack. Not ideal really.

Things I have tried to get file and media sharing working without success :

1. Close BullGuard and stop ALL BullGuard services. According to Network Troubleshooter, ports are still being blocked by 'AFW Filter'.
2. Disable the HomeGroup (I managed to create one after uninstalling BullGuard in between tests).
3. Disable IPv6 in the network adapter settings.
4. All the above at the same time.
5. Add rules that allow all traffic in and out.

The only thing that gets the sharing working is uninstalling BullGuard :(

Would really love to hear from other Windows 7 guys using BullGuard to see if they have the same issues or not.
Posted 11/11/2009 9:38 AM

Dr Fonk Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 5
Hi,

I am also running a clean Win7 x64 install on a new Intel Core i7 920, and after install Bullguard GE 8.5 (updated to version 8.7), I was also receiving the same issues stated in this thread, the most annoying is the LAN card taking about 1 min to initialise.

After uninstalling and installing AVG, all problems went away, plus general performance of the machine is now what was expected.

This is a shame as I liked the look and feel of BullGuard, but am unable to use it until this has been patched /fixed.

I shall be watching this forum for any updates on the issues as time is ticking and my licence is running out....
Posted 11/11/2009 1:02 PM

Alex S. Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 56
Hello,

These problems are already being disucssed here.

All the problems mentioned are under investigation and will be fixed via a future patch, as my last post in the above mentioned thread is stating.

Since we don't need separate threads for the same problems, this one will be locked.

Thank you for your understanding.
Alex Sarchiz
Senior Support Technician
[url]support@bullguard.com[/url]
www.bullguard.com
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Friday, September 20, 2019, 10:22 PM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,722 posts in 13,616 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,519 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, serena.
There are currently no users on-line.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.