LONDON, OCTOBER 23, 2018 – New research carried out by Chillblast, an award-winning builder of custom PCs, gaming desktops and gaming laptops, has revealed that out of 857 gaming respondents, 39% choose to use a free AV product, 26% use a paid-for AV product, 19% rely purely on the security built into Windows and 16% of users disable all AV in the pursuit of the highest possible frames-per-second. Chillblast then went on to test what impact AV actually has on gaming performance.
ChillBlast tested the performance of computers* running BullGuard Internet Security, Norton Internet Security, McAfee Internet Security, Kaspersky Internet Security, AVG Internet Security and Windows Defender. Not only did BullGuard Internet Security come out on top, it even made it faster than a system with no antivirus installed.
This is down to BullGuard’s new patent-pending super charged Game Booster which optimises CPU performance for noticeably smoother gaming with a faster frame rate and no game lag.
BullGuard’s Game Booster automatically detects users’ gaming sessions and pulls both user processes
(applications opened / used by users – such as Word, PowerPoint, Chrome, Winamp, etc) and system
processes onto 1 or 2 CPU cores, leaving the rest of the CPU cores to handle the game. This completely
removes random game spikes which negatively affect the user experience. Game Booster ensures
uninterrupted gaming at a faster pace. This means gamers can have the ultimate gaming experience without compromising their PC’s vulnerability.
Game Booster is just one of the many new and improved features of BullGuard’s 2019 editions.
BullGuard Internet Security and BullGuard Premium Protection 2019 also includes:
BullGuard Product Line – 2019 Edition:
- Enhanced Behavioural Detection
- BullGuard's Sentry behavioral engine receives continuous daily updates, improving accuracy and its ability to detect and block the very latest threats.
- Revamped Vulnerability Scanner
- A redesigned interface enables users to spot security problems at a glance. Issues such as missing Windows security updates and poorly configured Autorun settings can be directly addressed from the interface.
- Improved Performance
- Multiple code optimizations have further reduced BullGuard's resource requirements, making for smoother operations and freeing up more system resources for other applications.
- Network Safety Check
- A new alert warns users whenever they connect to an insecure network with no password protection or inadequate encryption.
- Dubious Drivers
- The system status report highlights any unsigned drivers installed on the device, quickly alerting users to potential threats.
- In-App Support
- The updated Support section helps users access FAQs, email the support team, or launch a Live Chat session with a technician, 24/7/365, directly from the application.
- Faster Troubleshooting
- Speeds up troubleshooting by simplifying the process of collecting and sending application logs to BullGuard. Just one click and the logs are assembled and dispatched to the support team.
- BullGuard Antivirus, Windows only, 1 PC, 1-year subscription - €29.95 | $29.95 |£24.95
- BullGuard Internet Security, multi-platform (Windows, Android and Mac OS), 3 devices, 1-year subscription - €59.95 | $59.95 |£49.95
- BullGuard Premium Protection, multi-platform (Windows, Android, Mac OS), 10 devices, 1-year subscription - €89.95 | $99.95 ||£69.95
For greater protection, greater speed, and more control—2019 is BullGuard’s best cybersecurity yet.
is a market leader in consumer cybersecurity. We make it simple to protect everything in your digital life – from your data, to your identity and your smart home. The BullGuard product portfolio extends to PCs, Macs, and Android tablet and smartphone protection, and includes internet security, comprehensive mobile security and 24/7 identity protection. BullGuard released the world’s first IoT vulnerability scanner and leads the consumer cybersecurity industry in providing continuous innovation.
Dojo by BullGuard
is an award-winning intelligent cyber defense system and service that provides the highest level of protection to consumers across all of their connected devices and smart homes. Dojo is the cornerstone of a smart home, ensuring a connected world where every consumer in every home, is smart, safe and protected.
Privately held, BullGuard is based in Bucharest, London, Silicon Valley and Herzliya, Israel. Follow us on Twitter @BullGuard
, like us on Facebook at BullGuard
or learn more at https://www.bullguard.com
All trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
* Samurai 15.6” with the following specifications:
- Intel Core i7 6700HQ Quad Core CPU
- 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
- GeForce GTX 970M 3GB Video Card
- 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD
- Windows 10 Home 
The PR Room
+44 (0)333 9398 296
The PR Room
+44 (0)333 9398 296