So it’s almost Back to School time, and with all the chaos of preparing for the first day, it’s easy to lose focus on the everyday items like phones and tablets. But, here at BullGuard we’re urging you to take a minute to ensure your children stay safe at school with their devices.
The following tips will help you keep your family’s information secure, and will help your children to avoid cyberbullying and theft:
- 1. Set a password on the device, and enable restrictions as you see fit.
- 2. Use that old label maker and paste a “If found please call/e-mail…” to the item.
- 3. Add an Emergency Contact within your Address Book and show your children where the information is located.
- 4. Turn off Geo-tagging – in other words, don’t share your location!
- 6. Learn about the school’s cell phone/device policy, and make sure your children are clear on the guidelines.
- 7. Encourage them to explore safe social networking site for children under 13, like everloop.com.
And remember to step away from all of the technology and talk to them. Start an open dialogue with your children about the risks of cyberbullying and sexting. Your children can learn to use their technology safely, with education.
Do you have any other tips for kids to start the new school year safely? Share them below!