With just a few days left before the new school year starts, we’ve put together a list of fun apps to keep friends and family connected, as well as tools to help you stay at the top of the class. Some are obvious and some are a little newer and cooler.
7 fun, useful apps to be successful in school
- 1. Groupme. Create a study group out of your current contact list from your phone and share homework ideas, photos, your location and chat as much as you like for free. Enter to win a free GroupMe t.shirt for sharing how you use the app. Enter here.
- 2. Inclass. Keep up in the classroom! Record audio, take notes via text or video,and take pictures of slides, handouts, or the cute boy/girl across from you. Then share your notes with friends through Facebook or iTunes or print them out. Set alerts for when homework is due so you never miss a deadline, and keep your class schedule and other to-dos all in one place!
- 3. Skype. Download Skype on your phone and computer for free calls and video chat, one-on-one or in a group. You can even connect with your Facebook friends via Skype!
- 4. Wi-Fi finder. Locate free HotSpots when you’re off campus. Read-up on how to use Hotspots safely.
- 5. Exam support. Do you get anxious before a test? This app takes you through a guided meditation to reduce anxiety. The suggestions on this app retrain your brain, and help your performance, confidence and concentration.
- 6. MindNode. Create your own professional looking mind maps with MindNode. Brainstorm away and share with your peers as a PDF.
- 7. Amazon Mobile. It can be hard to go off campus to buy supplies. Either you’re in the middle of nowhere or you don’t have a car, Amazon Mobile is a great resource for getting last minute things, and more importantly, second-hand books!
Have fun with these apps and stay in school!